Outlander TV Tour Description
The Starz Outlander TV Tour (OTT) is becoming highly requested and will start again in 2018.
These one & two day by-request-tours visit some of the more recognizable sites used in the TV scenes.
You'll have a good hour or more at each one to look around and see if you can spot the wee nooks and crannies filmed in the series.
2018 Tour Dates are now closed!
We will post dates for 2019 in the future. Keep an eye on this page.
We'll fit in as many of the filming locations as we can into
the two days of the OTT (Outlander TV Tour). Currently there are about seven we visit, chosen from the list below. Some sites are only open to the public Easter to October.
Locations - High Season
Between April 15th & September 30th
2 Day Tour
- Black Jack Randall's Fort William ~ a forboding
place with small windows making it difficult for even the most crafty of
Highlanders to get in and out of. This filming location (in our humble opinion)
is a pretty good facsimilie for the now lost Fort William.
- Lallybroch (when available) ~ the home of Jamie Fraser (and Jenny's
family) in the series.
- Castle Leoch ~ the set used by Starz for many of the early episodes.
- Sandringham's House ~ also used for various Paris street scenes and the duel with the MacDonalds.
- Gardens of Versailles ~ where Jamie finds out that Jack Randal still isn't dead and suggests a duel to finish him off.
- Inverness 1943 ~ where Frank and Claire honeymoon and Jamie's 'fetch' appears outside the window.
- Inverness Station 1943 ~ where Frank and Claire are romantic amidst the steam of the train.
- Military Camp of the Frasers ~ where Jamie had the Lallybroch men trained and Dougal MacKenzie was a difficult ally.
- Cranesmuir Church ~ where the indoor parts of the witch trial scenes were filmed
- Cranesmuir Village ~ where the pillory scene and parts of the witch trial were filmed.
For old Edinburgh sites see FAQ page.
Locations - Winter Season
Between October 1st & Mid-April
1 Day Tour
- Black Jack Randall's Fort William
- Castle Leoch
- Inverness 1943
- Military Camp of the Frasers
- Cranesmuir Village
- Lallybroch and Cranesmuir Church will sometimes be available during winter months.
This tour is of TV film sites only. Several of the film locations are already
included within the eight day Jamie and Claire Tour (Book Tour), as well as book locations.
Tour Price - Two Day Tour - High Season
The price includes the overnight accommodation on the end of day one.
£570 for a solo traveller
£400 per person for two (shared room)
£350 per person based on three travellers (shared room)
(Currency exchange rates: www.XE.com)
Tour Price - One Day Tour - Winter Season
The price does not include accommodation
£300 per person for two
£250 per person based on three travellers
(Currency exchange rates: www.XE.com)
For five guests or more, please contact us through the Custom Tour Enquiry where a bespoke tour can be discussed.
What is included in the tour price?
- All transportation from Edinburgh area - pick up to drop off.
- Touring with a knowledgable local guide & Outlander fan.
- Two day tour - One night accommodation and one breakfast during the tour.
- Entrances to the paid sites.
What's not included in the tour price?
- Lunch and dinner are not included in the price (but local eateries will be available).
- On the one day tour, accommodation is not included.
Who are these tour for?
- Obviously, travellers who are Outlander TV fans.
- It is for both lads and lasses.
- Travellers who want to be in the real places where scenes were filmed and are brave enough to experience the whole picture
that these locations offer.
- For travellers who want someone else to do all the hard work of putting a tour together.
- It is for those who will appreciate a non-smoking tour throughout.
This is for me!
Then check our existing tour dates to see that we are not on tour elsewhere on your chosen date then make your enquiry by clicking the button
Still got questions? They are answered on the FAQ page.
Our Outlander TV Tours are not affiliated with Starz or Sony Corp., but then again neither are anybody elses!