Outlander TV Tour Description ~ NOTE: THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Please do not contact us with questions to missing information, however, please do check back soon!
The Starz Outlander TV Tour (OTT) is becoming highly requested and will start again in 2018.
These one & two day by-request-tours visit some of the more recognizable sites used in the TV scenes.
You'll have a good hour or more at each one to look around and see if you can spot the wee nooks and crannies filmed in the series.
2018 Tour Dates are now closed!
We will post dates and relevant information for 2019 in the near future. Keep an eye on this page.
We'll fit in as many of the filming locations as we can into
the two days of the OTT (Outlander TV Tour). Currently there are about seven we visit, chosen from the list below. Some sites are only open to the public Easter to October.
Locations - High Season
Between April 15th & September 30th
2 Day Tour
- Black Jack Randall's Fort William ~ a forboding
place with small windows making it difficult for even the most crafty of
Highlanders to get in and out of. This filming location (in our humble opinion)
is a pretty good facsimilie for the now lost Fort William.
- Lallybroch (when available) ~ the home of Jamie Fraser (and Jenny's
family) in the series.
- Castle Leoch ~ the set used by Starz for many of the early episodes.
- Sandringham's House ~ also used for various Paris street scenes and the duel with the MacDonalds.
- Gardens of Versailles ~ where Jamie finds out that Jack Randal still isn't dead and suggests a duel to finish him off.
- Inverness 1943 ~ where Frank and Claire honeymoon and Jamie's 'fetch' appears outside the window.
- Inverness Station 1943 ~ where Frank and Claire are romantic amidst the steam of the train.
- Military Camp of the Frasers ~ where Jamie had the Lallybroch men trained and Dougal MacKenzie was a difficult ally.
- Cranesmuir Church ~ where the indoor parts of the witch trial scenes were filmed
- Cranesmuir Village ~ where the pillory scene and parts of the witch trial were filmed.
For old Edinburgh sites see FAQ page.
This tour is of TV film sites only. Several of the film locations are already
included within the eight day Jamie and Claire Tour (Book Tour), as well as book locations.
Who are these tour for?
- Obviously, travellers who are Outlander TV fans.
- It is for both lads and lasses.
- Travellers who want to be in the real places where scenes were filmed and are brave enough to experience the whole picture
that these locations offer.
- For travellers who want someone else to do all the hard work of putting a tour together.
- It is for those who will appreciate a non-smoking tour throughout.
Still got questions? They are answered on the FAQ page.
Our Outlander TV Tours are not affiliated with Starz or Sony Corp., but then again neither are anybody elses!